Equipment Mechanic (Associate Fire & Safety) - Fire Department
This position could be filled at the next higher level. The hiring manager will determine the job level based on the skills, experience, and qualifications of the selected candidate.
The successful candidate for this role will receive training and assist in all phases of the fire and life safety systems, maintenance and repair. Inspect, recharge and repair both fixed and portable fire suppression systems per recognized standards. Support campus construction and renovation projects through inspection and maintenance of life safety systems.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to learn fire extinguisher service, electrical and plumbing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- A valid US or Canadian drivers’ license
- Three years’ experience as a Fire and Safety Equipment mechanic or equivalent experience in the inspection, maintenance and repair of fire and safety equipment, alarm systems and sprinkler systems
- Mechanical background working with plumbing, electric and hand tools
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment authorization for this position
- The hours for this position are Monday through Friday; 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Occasional overtime may be required
- Subject to 24 hour call back for emergencies
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligible: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply