Small Business Program Manager
Greater Lafayette Commerce serves as a nexus in the Greater Lafayette economy. A nonprofit economic development and chamber of commerce organization serving Tippecanoe County, Indiana, Greater Lafayette
Commerce is membership-based and supported by local industries, businesses, governments, and individuals.
Its mission, carried out by various councils, is to advance economic and community prosperity and for a superior quality of life.
As the leading local organization for community initiatives, growth, and economic development, Greater
Lafayette Commerce is a hub of high-profile activities in multiple areas. The staff works under the direction of a president and chief executive officer and with numerous community volunteers. Team members work collaboratively for the good of all, often assisting in areas beyond traditional job responsibilities, with many opportunities for personal and professional growth. The work environment is dynamic, forward-thinking, fast- paced, and goal-oriented.
Greater Lafayette Commerce is seeking a Small Business Program Manager. This is a full time salaried role that will lead the Greater Lafayette Commerce Business Success Platform. The business success platform is designed to support locally owned businesses in the Greater Lafayette area.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Build opportunities for business owners to engage with one another
- Coordinate programing for small businesses owners and entrepreneurs
- Connect business owners and entrepreneurs to community resources
- Help champion downtown small business events like Shop Small Saturday
- Be present at the downtown small business owners’ meetings
- Grow engagement between Greater Lafayette Commerce, business owners, and community
- Spend time every week visiting local businesses to check in and connect
- Bachelor’s Degree - Recent College Graduates are encouraged to apply
- Experience working with small businesses in the Greater Lafayette Region
- Present a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude
- Be committed to maintaining the highest sensitivity to professional ethics and cultural diversities, treating all people and businesses equally and respectfully
- Be an advocate for the mission and vision of Greater Lafayette Commerce
- Actively contributes as a team player to complete tasks, meet goals or manage projects
- Interact with people in a fun and engaging way
- Communication- Ability to effectively communicate information, written and orally in which multiple parties can comprehend and recommunicate
- Organization- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Effective Time Management - Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving- Ability to present solutions to help resolve obstacles in an effective and suitable manner
- Sales Mindset- Ability to understand and share the understanding of others’ passions
- Interpersonal Communication Skills - Ability to communicate verbally, written, non-verbally and to actively listen
- Microsoft Office - Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Public Speaking – Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with an audience
- Bilingual – Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Sales – General sales or hospitality experience
Greater Lafayette Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer