Supplier Quality Engineer
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
The Supplier Quality Engineer exhibits these skills:
- Collaborate and leads the efforts with manufacturing areas, support areas and suppliers through engagement, communication, technical developments and teaming.
- Engage, coach and train internally with the manufacturing and quality teams and suppliers to continuously improve the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals of the business
- Drive action where- ever needed to resolve urgent issues internally and externally
- Be a key team member in implementation of Dana Operating Excellence (OOE) process
- Escalate actions needed to achieve location COPQ, OTD and suppliers locations scrap reduction goals
- Team with other Quality Team members, Engineers, Area Managers, Union Stewards, Support personnel and other Leadership to constructively solve operational issues that both meet the business goals and the intent of the current contract
- Develop and implement TS-16949, ISO 9001 documentation and improve manufacturing processes at supplier sites.
- APQP participation and PPAP development and submission to customers, and in turn work with the suppliers.
- Application of statistical techniques and assistance to others as required.
- Monitor and help reduce scrap and re-work; including pareto and corrective action analysis
- Develop Projects to reduce internal scrap due to supplied components, assemblies, indirectly support to reduce OTD at key suppliers locations
- Assist with problem solving and quality concern resolution (5-whys; 8D, Cause/effect diagrams; etc.)
- Communicate with customers as necessary on problem resolution, customer performance rating improvement, etc.
- Monitor, analyze and report on KPI’s, TQM indicators and associated improvement action plans.
- Responsible for reporting Debts to Suppliers and for maintaining/reporting in D1S (Dana 1 Source) to Dana Corporate
- Assist in supplier development as required. Assist purchasing in locating and evaluating suppliers.
- Visit plants, customers, and suppliers periodically on a variety of issues.
- Internal Audit participation.
- Support Quality concerns, Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing activities including internal Diamond Board area responsibility as assigned.
- Assist in shop floor support to correct non-conformance of manufactured material, assuring good root cause and corrective actions are implemented.
- Initiate and / oversee quality analysis and investigations, concerning internal and external problem areas with manufactured parts and processes, using the PHR / SPC system.
- Other duties as required
Knowledge & Skills Summary:
- Experience is required in Manufacturing and Supplier Quality, Supplier development and supplier improvement.
- Experience in Quality systems supporting component manufacturing for vehicle (automotive, heavy truck or off-highway) applications preferred
- Previous experience in a NADCAP, IATF, ISO 9001 compliant operating system required
- Some Supervision experience desired, but not required
- Statistical knowledge, knowledge of PPAP, APQP is required
- Hands on experience in setting up and operating equipment on a minimum of four major machine groups or processes, such as CNC Turning, Gear Cutting, Grinding, Machining Centers is desired.
- Must have experience with gaging, part inspection procedures, evaluating inspection results and charts from inspection equipment
- Experience with AS 400 or a similar MRP system helpful
- Ability to travel to Suppliers and/customer sites (frequently)
- Must be available to work flexible hours and weekends (if needed)
- Experience in a multi-shift operation with emphasis in a union environment is desirable
- Familiar with computers, Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years Quality Systems experience in a manufacturing environment
- BS degree in a related engineering field is preferable
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt/ Green belt is desirable or at least working proficiency with Statistical Core Tools and minitab software
- Prior experience with PPAP, APQP, COPQ and Suppliers Improvement Projects
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.?