- Execute the procurement of material, services, and production supplies including price, availability, delivery schedule (expediting), and final delivery of goods.
- Negotiate price and analyze cost/price factors for pre and post award of business
- Prepare, organize, and maintain electronic purchasing records and data documenting performance and compliance.
- Develop requests for quotes, establish pricing, delivery, terms and conditions.
- Read and understand supplier material drawings / prints.
- Continuously develop and improve internal procurement processes.
- Continuously improve the supply chain to secure competitiveness through the use of Industry 4.0 technologies, lean strategies, and implementation of best practices.
- Responsible for leading or participating in components of project management.
- Ensure best total landed cost through the entire supply chain in support of production in the most cost efficient way.
- Manage supplier risk and develop mitigation plans.
- Act as an ambassador for Saab both with co-workers and with suppliers.
- Support a people first culture in alignment to Saab leadership vision.
- Develop working relationships and synergies with strategic sourcing managers within other parts of Saab, both Saab US and Saab Sweden.
- Provide basic mentorship and tactical training of Level 1 and 2 Buyers, in completing daily tasks.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or similar field required.
- MBA, Master's in Supply Chain or equivalent certification is a plus.
- 8+ years of procurement experience in a large scale operation.
- Experience with new sources of supply and contracts in Greenfield operations a plus.
- Experience working with U.S. government contracts, including FAR/DFAR regulations.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Ability to structure work tasks and deliver a high quality of work.
- Effective interpersonal skills to engage and create trust at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and team building skills.
- Manufacturing based sourcing and supply competence.
- Proficiency with ERP systems including data creation and ERP execution.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to meet the following criteria: (i) pass a drug screen, (ii) complete a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, and education and employment verification, and (iii) be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (unless granted an accommodation permitted by law and then in compliance with Saab’s requirements related to the accommodation, if any).
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, 3 weeks personal illness, bereavement, jury duty and disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.