As Saab is building a new advanced manufacturing facility in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking Quality Incoming Inspectors to:
- Validate visually and dimensionally that the product meets requirements compared to engineering drawings.
- Develop deviation reports and represent quality at the Material Review Board.
- Responsible for non-conforming material processes and procedures.
- Experienced in quality management systems and become a subject matter expert in the company management system.
- Develop standardization for working procedures for high repeatability.
- Follow processes and procedures to apply applicable acceptance criteria.
- Keep accurate records applicable inspection data and transacts product to next process step.
- Communicate results both verbally and in writing, as applicable.
- Use basic and complex measurement equipment, and basic test equipment.
- Work with suppliers to return defective product.
- Provide training and mentorship to other inspectors.
- Understand and recognize counterfeit parts.
Skills and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Technical degree or certification in the field of aviation assembly, mechanics, or maintenance is preferred.
- 3+ years of qualified experience in aeronautics or automotive manufacturing.
- Experience with ISO/AS9100 and highly standardized processes.
- ASQ – Certified Quality Inspector, IPC certification(s), and/or other related industry certifications are desired.
- Experience with product acceptance and process evaluations. May include comprehensive knowledge of tools, software and other technologies.
- Ability to use basic and complex measurement equipment, and basic test equipment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team.
- Proficiency interpreting engineering drawings and specifications in written and digital format required.
- Ability to execute the appropriate working methods and select the right tools to meet the right level of quality and efficiency.
- Ability to work with standardized procedures for high repeatability in a highly advanced and connected environment.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Must be self-mobile and able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as sitting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing, reaching during a normal workday.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions (such as lifting or assembly of parts) including the use of hand held power tools.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, and to receive ordinary information and directives from Production Supervisors and management as required.
- Ability to work extended hours when required.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to meet the following criteria: (i) pass a drug screen, (ii) complete a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, and education and employment verification, and (iii) be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (unless granted an accommodation permitted by law and then in compliance with Saab’s requirements related to the accommodation, if any).
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, 3 weeks personal illness, bereavement, jury duty and disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.