Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
See Tasks and Responsibilities
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Responsible for designing and detailing work holding/fixturing and gauging. This position will create machine process layouts and detailed tool assemblies.
- Provide machine tooling layouts including Heat Treat Press set-ups for the shop
- Maintain tool cards and tooling records for manufactured parts.
- Work with the tool room or vendors on design for manufacturing and cost effectiveness
- Maintain all required tool records for coding and classification
Knowledge & Skills Summary:
- Proficient with Solid Works Cad or equivalent required
- Ability to read blueprints and understand GD&T
- Attention to detail is a must
- Applicant should be well organized, efficient and must demonstrate the ability to collaborate with shop floor employees
- Understanding of machining processes
- Knowledge/experience with AS400 or SAP
- Machining background is required
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Mechanical Technology or equivalent
- 3-5 years tooling design experience
- Computer literate. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.?