IT Systems Analyst
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Position serves to facilitate and participate in functional activities through all phases of the system development life cycle, to include requirements gathering and analysis, system design and development, testing, and implementation. This position supports users to gather product requirements; guide product architecture and feature design and produce high-level designs to support the creation of data warehouse or data-mart components. Position may demand the incumbent to act as project manager, when appropriate, for the technical and/or overall aspects of systems implementation.
- Interfaces with other IT areas and end-users in most phases of software development
- Completes the analysis and technical requirements gathering of automated solutions to business problems or applications software.
- Develop solutions, which provide cost benefits for the end-user and the company.
- Communicate effectively with IS management, users and vendors.
- Assist in the brainstorming, evaluation, and selection of alternative solutions.
- Assist in the design of business applications.
- Design, code and document software in the appropriate language using standard techniques.
- Develop, execute and review unit test plans and results.
- Implement software releases as required.
- Modify existing programs and documentation as necessary to meet user requirements.
- Design, execute, and review the system test plan for software releases.
- Provide user training for the installation of software releases and provide follow-up assistance.
- Aid with team members in the development and implementation of business solutions.
- Prepare work status reports for supervisor on a timely basis.
- Provides revised project cost estimates once analysis and business design is completed.
Knowledge & Skills Summary:
- The successful candidate will have experience in working closely with end-users and facilitating project meetings as well as expertise in communicating requirements to and working with technical programmers.
- Position also requires proficiency w/desktop tools (MS Office Suite, MS Project & Visio)
- Prefer knowledge of CL programming and AS/400 query
- Proven database administration skills, knowledge of customer and supply chain relationships (EDI, Barcode, MRPII) are desired.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, warehouse management, and inventory control are required.
- Knowledge of project management methods and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of development methods and practices in a multi-platform environment.
- Demonstrated experience in working directly with all levels of line staff, analysts, team leaders, and department managers in the client departments and IT organizations in multiple sites and time zones.
- SAP experience would be a plus
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Math or Physical Science.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a programming environment (RPG, Visual Basic, Java, and .Net) with 2 years in a systems analyst or similar role.
- 2 years minimum supervisory experience with systems analysis/project leadership, or technical support.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.?