Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks Assemblers who are motivated to work on a brand-new second shift team! You will have the opportunity to be a part of the foundation for an entirely new shift at our West Lafayette, IN location. SEL fosters a great culture in a light manufacturing environment, that is clean and safe. In addition to a starting salary of $18.00 per hour, employee owners also receive a full benefits package. The shift will be from 2:30PM-11:00PM. If you are interested in a role that focuses on process improvement and innovation, we invite you to consider joining our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follows detailed work instructions to perform basic production duties such as assembly, operating machinery, packaging products, building products and soldering.
2. Obtains a basic understanding of quality and productivity standards.
3. Demonstrates a willingness to learn, retain information and becomes proficient in basic electronic production processes.
4. Learns and follow all safety policies.
5. Develops positive and effective working relationships with co-workers.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to listen, comprehend, and follow technical instructions
2. Learn and follow all safety policies.
3. Ability to work overtime as required
4. Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
5. Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
6. Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
7. Background check results satisfactory to SEL
8. Negative drug test result(s)
1. Word processing and spreadsheet skills
2. Assembly experience
1. Lift, push, pull and maneuver up to 40 pounds frequently
2. Sit and/or stand at least 8 hours
3. Vision correctable to 20/30 or better
4. Differentiate color
5. Reach, Bend, Kneel, Twist, Grip, Pinch
6. Fine finger dexterity sufficient to handle and place parts with precision and accuracy for at least 8 hours
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.