Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
The area supervisor will be the leader of the associates in your assigned area. You will engage and train your team to continuously improve the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals of the business. Drive action wherever needed to resolve urgent issues. Utilize data to manage the area of responsibility and train all associates to do the same to improve. You are accountable for results and represent the values of the company and of a good leader.
• Lead the associates in your area through coaching, engagement, communication, morale building and teaming. Be the Leader and coach not the boss.
• Team with support groups such as EHS, Quality Assurance, Engineering and Planning to escalate and improve urgent issues as well as drive continuous improvement
• Measure report and improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and cost within assigned areas and across the whole plant
• Provides all subordinates with constant communication, guidance, coaching and support necessary to perform their jobs effectively and accurately.
• Works with the Safety Manager to monitor safety compliance and to review and plan for special requirements on incoming jobs.
• Uses progressive discipline to correct and manage major violations of company policies, and the Collective Bargaining Agreement (e.g., fighting, sabotage, etc.).
• Investigates incidences of, and initiates corrective actions to, improper conduct on the floor or major violations of company policies or the CBA.
• Accountable for factory housekeeping and organization by driving 5S deployment across the factory.
• Accountable for improving and maintaining visual management across the factory
• Responsible for communicating metrics and ensuring understanding and ownership at the production team level.
• Responsible for driving continuous improvement in labor efficiency, cost, quality, and factory processes
• Prioritize production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency and materials supply
• Assure the proper training and of all department personnel
Knowledge & Skills Summary:
• Previous experience in the metals industry experience is preferred.
• Highly organized with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Must be available to work flexible hours and weekends.
• Experience in a multi-shift operation with emphasis in a union environment is strongly desired.
• Engineering experience preferred
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Logistics, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience that relates to the position.
• Minimum 5 years of management experience in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.?