Office Administrator - LSC
Unity Healthcare, LLC seeks an experienced, full-time Office Administrator to join the team at our Lafayette Surgical Clinic. Candidate will be joining a well-established practice with four Physicians, two Physician Assistants, and one Nurse Practitioner.
The Office Administrator supervises all non-provider staff for front and back office. The Office Administrator is the liaison between the physicians, office staff and company administration. This individual is responsible for the implementation of all Unity policies, procedures, and protocols. The Office Administrator is responsible for helping to develop and achieve the goals and objectives of Lafayette Surgical Clinic. With the focus centered on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction, we can achieve our mission to provide excellent patient care for the people and communities we serve.
Our ideal Office Administrator will have experience overseeing and managing day to day operations and have a strong clinical background focusing on patient care. The selected individual will work with the physician owners to develop and execute practice processes and protocols, as well as hiring, training, supervising and evaluating staff in addition to surgeon and mid-level employees. Successful candidate must have the ability to multi-task, maintain confidentiality, tolerate stress and possess strong conflict resolution skills. A self-starter who can handle multiple priorities, make decisions under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment is imperative.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience required; in a medical setting would be ideal.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, essential for leading and working in a team environment.
- Excellent telephone skills. Ability to answer phones and schedule patients.
- Experience with electronic medical records required along with overall strong computer skills, including demonstrated ease with learning and analyzing new software. Commitment to becoming a strong user in a short timeframe.
- Demonstrated proficiency in medical terminology, privacy and security regulations and coding/billing practices.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- A strong desire to develop strong ties with the community and build long-lasting relationships with patients and their families.
- In coordination with the physicians, oversee medical and office supply ordering, inventory, payroll, building maintenance and other operational responsibilities.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT UNITY
Unity Healthcare, LLC is a comprehensive, multi-specialty healthcare provider with offices throughout North Central Indiana. We have over 30 specialties, including an award-winning surgery center. We are locally owned which allows us to make decisions in the best interest of our patients and our community. With our 100+ Healthcare Professionals, innovative technology, and wide range of services and treatment options we help each patient live hir or her best life.
WHAT UNITY OFFERS
At Unity, we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our employees. Full-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation
- Accrued paid time off for full-time staff (PTO starts at up to 18 days annually)
- Paid Holidays
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options, including 401(k) and profit sharing
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or federal law.