Medical Assistant - LN
Unity seeks a Medical Assistant to join our team at Lafayette Neurology, a practice division of Unity Healthcare. Candidate will be joining a well-established practice with one Physician and two Nurse Practitioners.
Our Medical Assistants play a large role in our organization. With your focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction, we can achieve our mission to provide excellent patient care for the people and communities we serve.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Medical office experience preferred
- Must have excellent multi-tasking, organizational and computer skills
- Must display exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Allscripts PM/EMR knowledge is a plus!
- Prepares patients by reviewing patient medical history and taking vitals
- Assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Physician
- Prepare patients for examinations, treatments, and procedures
- Document patient information utilizing electronic medical records
- Follow guidelines of HIPAA in maintaining patient confidentiality
- Performs additional administrative duties and projects as needed
- Full Time
- Benefits Eligible
- Lafayette, IN
Unity Healthcare, LLC is a comprehensive, multi-specialty healthcare provider with offices throughout North Central Indiana. We have over 30 specialties, including an award-winning surgery center. We are locally owned which allows us to make decisions in the best interest of our patients and our community. With our 100+ Healthcare Professionals, innovative technology, and wide range of services and treatment options we help each patient live his or her best life.
WHAT UNITY OFFERS
At Unity, we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our employees. Eligible employees are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation
- Accrued paid time off (PTO starts at up to 18 days annually)
- Paid Holidays
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options, including 401(k) and profit sharing
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or federal law.