A Medical Assistant to join our team!
Our Medical Assistant plays a large role in our organization. With your focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction, we can achieve our mission to provide excellent patient care for the people and communities we serve. Our ideal Medical Assistant will be willing to be crossed trained working both front and back office.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Must have excellent multi-tasking, organizational and computer skills
- Must display exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Medical office experience preferred
- License(s): CMA OR RMA preferred
- Allscripts PM/EMR knowledge is a plus!
- Must be willing to work front office greeting, registering, and checking patients in and out
- Verify insurance, collect copays, and process payments, obtain insurance authorizations
- Prepares patients by reviewing patient medical history and taking vitals
- Assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Physician
- Prepare patients for examinations, treatments and procedures
- Document patient information utilizing electronic medical records
- Assists in scheduling patient appointments
- Follow guidelines of HIPAA in maintaining patient confidentiality
- Performs additional administrative duties and projects as needed
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT UNITY
Unity Healthcare, LLC is a physician-owned and governed multi-specialty group with more than 90 Healthcare Professionals in over 40 specialties. We provide primary and specialty care and ancillary medical services throughout North Central Indiana.
WHAT UNITY OFFERS
At Unity, we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our employees. Eligible employees are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Monday – Friday
- Lafayette, IN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Unity Healthcare, LLC to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by all applicable local, state or federal law.
- Competitive compensation
- Accrued paid time off (PTO starts at up to 18 days annually)
- Paid Holidays
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options, including 401(k) and profit sharing