SUMMARY: Regularly performs most complex drafting activities using survey and engineering information and data calculations. Creates, updates, and modifies models, site plans and construction plans, boundary surveys, and landscape plans using various 2D and 3D drafting programs.
REPORTS TO: Professional Engineer
WORK LOCATION: Remote/Office Hybrid
- Utilize various drafting software to assist and creates data, charts, plots, plats, maps, and documents related to survey maps and engineering designs.
- Align daily work with differing scopes of work and stringent deadlines.
- Compute geomatic measurements and interpret data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of topographic features and land improvements.
- Search and review internal and external legal documents including survey records, land titles and ordinance requirements to obtain property information, including but limited to, boundaries, easements, property improvements, right-of-ways, zoning and drainage ponds, swales and additional mandates.
- Coordinate work product with Professional Land Surveying and Engineering personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Complies with various federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
- Prepare conceptual plans, existing and proposed site plans, and construction documents for municipality review submission and contractor use.
- Teach, direct, and coordinate intermediate and entry level drafting technicians.
- Maintain good client relations in a professional manner at all times.
- Attend required training, conferences and/or seminar as required or directed.
- Comply with safety practices and procedures at all times.
- Occasionally performs site visits as needed.
- Deliver submissions to county and shipping agencies.
- Assist with cleanliness of office, scanning documents, and other duties as needed when and if billable hours are low.
- Answer the phone and take messages as needed.
- Quality – Performs most complex drafting activities. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, provide feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards and completes work to meet stringent deadlines for submission to reviewing and/or permitting agencies.
- Number Facility – The ability to perform complex trigonometric, geometric and hydrologic calculations, calculous, statistics and their applications if necessary.
- Interpersonal – Acts in a professional manner in relation to clients, co-workers, superiors and vendors.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit to obtain objectives.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Safety/Security – Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Dependability – Consistently on time based on office and/or remote work schedules, follows instructions, responds to management direction, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and completes tasks on time or proposes and alternate plan to the appropriate person.
with or without accommodations.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while working on a computer.
- Ability to determine color for use of program generated layering on site design.
- Ability to work outdoors in the extreme heat and/or cold on occasion as needed.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend, and squat infrequently.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3-D required.
- Proficient in Carlson preferred.
- Associates degree in Drafting or equivalent work experience and education.
- Three years of working experience is preferred.
- Proficient in geometry.
- Understanding topography and land forming.
- Reads and understands exhibits and reports distributed by engineers, architects and land surveyors.
- Knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.